POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bryce and POV true ambience/radiosity showdown : Re: Bryce and POV true ambience/radiosity showdown Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bryce and POV true ambience/radiosity showdown
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 26 Aug 2002 15:18:16
Message: <3d6a7ef8$1@news.povray.org>
Timothy R. Cook wrote:
> Xplo Eristotle wrote:
>
>> With that said, I think my reproduction of your glass sphere
>> demonstrates that it's possible (and even easy - most of my time on
>> that scene was spent moving objects around) to get very similar
>> results to Bryce if you know what you're doing.
>
> Uh, shouldn't it be the other way 'round?  Trying to achieve POV-like
> scenes in Bryce? ;)

Probably so; in my limited experience Bryce seems to be a mediocre
renderer at best (not to mention slow). Sadly, that's not what's being
discussed here.

On that note, a while back someone said in response to all the copycat
renders that were being posted here that someone should make a POV-Ray
scene that everyone ELSE would be trying to copy. I thought it was a
good idea, but no one seems to have done it (which is not to say that
people haven't made things with POV-Ray that are WORTH copying!).

-Xplo